Per a recent ABA article, Texas US District Judge Biery has a number of unique approaches to getting attorneys attention. They include:
1. Warning of no 'Rambo' tactics or other forms of elementary school behavior in an August 14 order;
2. In the same August 14 Order, he made reading the footnotes a little more interesting with quotes such as "Lordy, how come?".
2. Has threatened the possibility of 'revocation of pro hac vice privileges';
3. Giving 'timeouts' that include sitting in the rotunda of the courthouse and finally;
4. Although he has threatened (but not imposed) that opposing counsel kiss in front of the Alamo with cameras present
He is also not afraid to use some unique visual aids and quotes from the likes of Elvis Presley.