Bad things can happen to a law firm that are not malpractice. If not addressed promptly could possibly end or damage the reputation of a firm or one of its attorneys. Westport Crisis Event Coverage may help to address these issues. The actual coverage provided is in the Supplementary Payments policy section. Notice of a Crisis Event shall be deemed a Notice of Potential Claim. Not all insurers provide a similar coverage.
I. INSURING AGREEMENTS
C. Crisis Management Coverage
The Insurer shall reimburse the Named Insured for Crisis Management Costs on account of a Crisis Event first occurring and reported to the Insurer during the Policy Period; provided that the Insurer’s maximum limit of liability for all Crisis Management Costs shall not exceed the amount set forth in Item 3(F)(i) of the Declarations for any one Crisis Event or the amount set forth in Item 3(F)(ii) for all such Crisis Events.
For purposes of this Policy, the following terms shall apply:
C. Crisis Event means any:
(1) death, departure, or debilitating illness of any partner, director, officer, principal, shareholder, member, member of the board of managers, principal, or owner of the Named Insured;
(2) dissolution or potential dissolution of the Named Insured;
(3) incident of workplace violence involving the Named Insured or any Insured Person;
(4) publication or anticipated imminent publication in a newspaper or other general print publication, or radio, television, or electronic news website (not including any social media platform, application, or website or any interactive component of any website, application or platform) of a Claim; or
(5) other event agreed to between the Named Insured and the Insurer.
D. Crisis Management Costs means the reasonable and necessary fees, costs, and expenses incurred by the Named Insured for consulting services provided by a public relations firm to the Named Insured in response to a Crisis Event.
CLICK HERE TO OBTAIN AN ATTORNEY MALPRACTICE QUOTE
Contact Me Today
Lee Norcross, MBA, CPCU
California License # 0D87292
L Squared Insurance Agency, LLC ® DBA in California as
L2 L Squared Insurance Agency, License # 0L93416
Managing Director, CEO
(616) 940-1101 Ext. 7080