Before I get to Hartford 6 Things to do in the morning, I would like to add one other item. When possible be the 1st to arrive in the morning. It is amazing what can be accomplished before the phone calls, e-mails, text messages, and employees stopping by with problems in the 1st 3o to 45 minutes of the day. It is my personal quite time that I can concentrate on issues without interruption. The days that I do not get my quiet time always seem less fulfilling and more hectic.
Now on to Hartford’s 6 Things to do in the Morning:
1. Scan your email quickly–but don’t get sucked in.—If you are going to scan your e-mails/text messages 1st thing make sure you prioritize messages. Clients always need to be addressed 1st. But many can be quickly delegated to staff when they arrive. Most things can wait.
2. Get your blood pumping.—Early morning exercise not only will make you live longer, but you will be more alert ready to handle higher level functions.
3. Fuel up your body.—Eat a healthy breakfast.
4. Follow Mark Twain’s advice.—‘Eat’ a live frog 1st thing in the morning or address what you dread most 1st.
5. Take some morning “me” time.—Get a morning ritual that works for you.
6. If you must meet, don’t sit.—Stand up or walking meetings will allow you to cut to the chase. The days that the least is accomplished are back-to-back-to-back-to-back meeting. You waste a whole day with little to show for the pain-in-the-back.
The read Hartford’s complete article: