AutoMany firms and some insurance agents forget to add this coverage.  But even if the only thing a firm employee does is take money to the bank using their car, you need this endorsement.  If you or your employees use vehicles for any business purpose, you should make sure that this endorsement is added to your business owners policy or your commercial auto policy.

The Hired and Non-owned Auto endorsement is designed to protect the firm’s liability if a firm employee is involved in an auto accident on company business using their personal or rented vehicle.  This exposure is there even if your firm owns no vehicles.  Any time an employee uses a vehicle for company purposes the firm is liable.  Without this coverage the firm’s assets are exposed.

The general rule is that if the firm has a commercial auto policy this endorsement is best attached to that policy.  If the firm does not have a commercial auto policy this endorsement should be included with your business owners policy.

It is important that firm’s also know who is driving on company business.  It is good practice to periodically obtain driving records for all employees that drive on company business.

Lee Norcross 
Contact Me Today
Lee Norcross, MBA, CPCU

Managing Director, CEO

(616) 940-1101 Ext. 7080 
Posted 1:26 PM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2013
  • 2011

View Mobile Version