Finding the right new employee can be tough. Everyone wants to hire the person that is the right fit for the organization. Possibly find the next superstar. Reality is that not every person hired will work out. So it is very tempting to cross the line and ask penetrating questions to weed out bad hires. Crossing the line on interview questions can be costly.
The Hartford recently blogged about 8 Illegal interview questions and they are:
1. “What part of town do you live in?”
2. “What class were you in at Rydell High?”
3. “Being a start-up, we tend to have younger managers. Would that be a problem?”
4. “When was the last time you used drugs?”
5. “Have you ever had a brush with the law?”
6. “I hear an accent. Where are you from?”
7. “How many kids do you have?”
8. “What are you currently making?”
To find out why you should not ask these questions; click here:
Do not cross the Line, the rest of the story.